Indian Association Of Physiotherapy Pune Branch & Sancheti College Of Physiotherapy Pune
Organizing a workshop on
Basic Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT Paeds)
Course Instructor- DR. ASHA CHITNIS MPT, NDT paeds
This is an exciting and intensive training course for physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech and language pathologists comprised of both theoretical and practical work. The material presented in the course is based upon the theoretical and practical concepts developed by Dr. Karel and Mrs. Berta Bobath and conforms to the standards established by the NDTA, Inc.
This course will be held at Sancheti Institute College of physiotherapy,Shivajinagar, Pune & Sancheti hospital Shivajinagar, Pune. Please note that this is an intensive weekend format (Saturday & sunday) on 24th & 25th November and 8th & 9th December 2012. The number of days in class will total 4 days with class running between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm. This course curriculum is outlined to include a minimum of 24 hours, inclusive of lectures, group work and presentations, discussions, demonstrations, and patient treatment.
The course will cover: fundamentals of NDT philosophy; neurophysiology as it relates to NDT; typical and atypical movement development; fine motor development and sensorimotor aspects of development of functional skills, typical and atypical development of upper and lower extremity and the progression through space, including gait; and treatment principles and application.
The course is limited to a total of 30 therapists, including physical therapists, occupational therapists,
The course contents
(1) Motor control & it’s clinical Reasoning
(2) Normal & Abnormal Development
(3) Evaluation of child with CP
(4) Guiding Principles of treatment
(5) sensory Processing & NDT
(6) handling treatment Principles & Demo
Who can attend?
1. All the clinical therapist interested in peads (PT &OT)
2. Interns BPT
3. Master of physiotherapy
4. Master of occupational therapy
Why to attend this course?
1. NDT bsci course will help the therapist interested in Neuro & peads in understanding motor control, normal and abnormal development, Evaluation of children with Cerebral Palsy.
2. This course helpfull for all the MPT/MOT students in the masters programe because each master has to study motor control, normal development and neurotherapeutic approches. This course will help them in better understanding.
3. The course in Pune is organised in a educational institute who has very good infrastucture with AC rooms which helps us in keeping the course cunduction cost less compared to the course organized in 3-5 star Hotel in Mumbai (cost of event and food is very high in Mumbai).
Numbar of seats awailable =30
Course fees = Rs 5000/-
Venue = Sancheti College Of Physiotherapy Pune
Contact : Apurv Shimpi (Treasure of IAP Pune branch) 9890183195,email@example.com
Or Gajanan Bhalerao -firstname.lastname@example.org